Asthma Friendly Children's Services
An Asthma Friendly Children’s Service adopts program strategies to support the whole service community in understanding and managing asthma. To be recognised as an Asthma Friendly Children’s Service each service must address and satisfy a set of criteria that establishes an Asthma Friendly environment and meets current legislation and Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) guidelines.
Benefits to becoming an Asthma Friendly Children’s Service include:
• Improving asthma awareness and management in the children’s service
• Improving support to children with asthma and encouraging an inclusive environment
• Improving support for the health, safety and wellbeing of children and staff
• Provides parents and carers of students with asthma with peace of mind and access to resources
• Ensures the service is implementing current and best practice asthma management strategies
• Enables the service to promote its Asthma Friendly status via window stickers, newsletters and a certificate to ensure the community is aware of the service’s commitment to Asthma Friendly strategies
If you would like to become an Asthma Friendly Children’s Service, or renew in the program, please download a recognition checklist and submit it to The Asthma Foundation of Victoria at your convenience.
To find out more about the Asthma Friendly Children’s Services program, or any of our other programs, please contact us on (03) 9326 7088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already a part of the Asthma Friendly Children's Services program and require the use of the logo, please email your requests through to Sarah on email@example.com