Asthma Friendly Schools Program
An Asthma Friendly School adopts the program strategies to support the whole school community in understanding and managing asthma. To be recognised as an Asthma Friendly School, each school must address and satisfy a set of criteria that establishes an Asthma Friendly environment and meets current legislation and Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) guidelines.
Benefits to becoming an Asthma Friendly School include:
• Improving asthma awareness and management in the school
• Improving support to students with asthma and encouraging an inclusive environment
• Supporting responsibilities for the health, safety and wellbeing of students and staff
• Provides parents and carers of students with asthma with peace of mind and access to resources
• Ensures the school is implementing current and best practice asthma management strategies
• Enables the school to promote its status via window stickers, newsletters and a certificate to ensure the community is aware of the school’s commitment to Asthma Friendly strategies
If you would like to become an Asthma Friendly School, or renew in the program, please download a recognition checklist and submit it to The Asthma Foundation of Victoria at your convenience. To arrange a free one hour staff asthma education session, please click here to be directed to our online booking form.
To find out more about the Asthma Friendly Schools program, or any of our other programs, please contact us on (03) 9326 7088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already apart of the Asthma Friendly Schools program and require the use of the logo, please email your request through to Sarah on email@example.com